Medical Negligence Claims
If your healthcare professional hasn’t looked after you, we will.
Whether you’ve experienced a serious breach of trust or have been a victim of malpractice, we’ll treat your claim with the urgency and dignity it deserves.
Doctors, hospitals and other health care providers have a duty to provide competent professional practice because of the devastating consequences that can flow from negligent medical treatment. When that standard hasn’t been met, affected patients may be entitled to be compensated for their loss.
These claims are not just limited to doctors, but any professional health service provider, including chiropractors, physiotherapists, dentists, general practitioners, surgeons, nurses, and hospital staff generally.
These claims require a lawyer with experience and expertise as injuries of these kinds give rise to special considerations that must be addressed to ensure that a claim is successful, including:
- Whether or not the injury resulted from an accepted risk associated with the procedure or service;
- Whether proper investigations were conducted at an early stage;
- Whether there was a failure to diagnose;
- Whether the service was provided in a manner widely accepted in Australia by peer professional opinion as competent professional practice.
- Whether the negligent act gave rise to damage or loss that would not have occurred without that negligent act.
These can be very technical arguments and they require careful preparation and the involvement of the right experts from day one.
The types of claims that can be brought include:
- Misdiagnosis of your medical condition.
- Providing the wrong treatment for a condition.
- Errors made during an operation or other surgical procedure.
- Injuries suffered in childbirth.
- Medication errors.
- Failure by hospitals or doctor to give patients proper attention.
What can I claim for?
Typically for damages covering:
- Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life
- Past and future treatment costs
- Loss of wages and other income – for the past and future
- Care and domestic assistance.
We care, and that’s why your first consultation is absolutely free, so contact us now.